On July 1, 2014 Speed School will open its new business center. SpeedBC will consolidate the school’s unit business managers with the research support group (RASS) into one office to handle finance, accounting, payroll, hiring, procurement, grants management, and a wide array of related business services. This strategic initiative aims to:
- Support the vision and strategic goals of the school;
- Significantly improve the quality and timeliness of business processes;
- Adhere to best practices of the profession;
- Provide accountability to those served;
- Transition to the return of a significant share of research infrastructure funding to the departments.
- Meet the university mandate to improve financial controls
The center will be led by Ms. Laura Newton, and will be housed on the second floor of the Vogt Building. It will also serve as a pilot study for UofL to examine how it might implement similar shared service centers across the university, as part of its 21st Century Initiative.
We will plan to host an Open House event sometime soon after the July 1 date, so everyone can stop by and see the new center.